Pigmentation treatment refers to the medical and cosmetic procedures aimed at reducing or eliminating abnormal skin colouration caused by an overproduction or uneven distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for skin, hair, and eye colour. Pigmentation issues can manifest as dark spots, patches, or uneven skin tone, and they are commonly caused by various factors such as sun exposure, hormonal changes, ageing, and certain medical conditions.
Your complexion may be negatively impacted by pigmentation, which can take many various forms, including melasma, freckles, sunspots, pimple marks, and more. Melasma is one of the common forms of pigmentation issues. Let us briefly discuss what is Melasma treatment and its treatment process.
What is Melasma?
Melasma is a typical skin condition. You may experience blue-grey, dark brown, or light brown spots on your skin if you have melasma. They might seem like freckle-like dots or flat patches. Forearms and your face, particularly the cheekbones, upper lip, and forehead, are frequently afflicted areas. Reasons for melasma could be many it could be genetic, sun exposure or hormonal changes Due to its frequent occurrence in expectant women, melasma is sometimes referred to as the "mask of pregnancy." Over time, melasma usually darkens and lightens, frequently going worse in the summer and better in the winter.
Where does melasma often occur?
Melasma often develops on your cheekbones, nose, chin, forehead, upper lip, and surrounding skin. Sometimes, it has an impact on your back, neck, and arms. Melasma may really damage any area of your skin that is exposed to the sun.
Methods for Melasma and Pigmentation Treatment
Modern, scientifically validated techniques that safely and efficiently remove the melanin build-up on your skin while also whitening it can be used to treat and diminish pigmentation. After a consultation with a skilled dermatologist who evaluates the afflicted region for the kind, depth, and potential reasons for Pigmentation/Melasma treatment at Skin Root to get started. Depending on the diagnosis, the treatment strategy may recommend one or a mix of the following approaches.
1. Chemical peels. Chemical peels assist in removing melanin accumulation, lowering pigment production, and revealing noticeably lighter skin. Depending on your skin type and the degree of your pigmentation, we may propose a different dosage of chemical peels and other treatments after three to four weeks. After a peel procedure, the treated region may continue to exfoliate for a few days which may eventually lead to lighter skin. The treatment is relatively safe but you be asked to do good sun protection after the procedures for a few days.
2. Laser toning: With the use of a Q-switched Nd Yag laser beam, the extra melanin is broken down into tiny particles using this ground-breaking technique, It is excellent for treating both superficial and deeper pigmented areas, including facial acne scars, melasma, sunspots, suntan, and pigmentary demarcation lines. Depending on the nature and extent of the pigmentation as well as the target region, you could need at least six to eight treatments spaced out monthly to recover your original skin tone.
3. Carbon Peel/Hollywood Peel: It is a very effective method for pigmentation removal treatment even endorsed by many celebrities. In carbon peel treatment a very thin layer of carbon paste is applied and later this carbon layer is blasted with lasers, which helps in removing pigmentation, lessening enlarged pores, and reducing acne, and uneven skin tone. It is a painless procedure and helps in improving skin tone to a considerable extent. It also treats pigmentation caused due to hormonal imbalances. There is no downtime and is an excellent method for working professionals.
4. Medical Therapy: Medical therapy also offers diverse ways to treat pigmentation problems. Topical agents like kojic acid, Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Glycolic acid, arbutin and retinol are various options which are easily available as OTC drugs, but concentration and suitability over a particular skin are to be decided by a dermatologist only. Without guidance, these agents sometimes are infective or may lead to some adverse effects.
5. Other treatments Dermabrasion, IPL therapy, face acids, lightening creams, etc., also do wonders for skin tone improvement. Better you discuss this with your dermatologist before choosing treatment for you.
Also at Skinroots Clinic, You will get the best treatment for pigmented lips: Pigmentation Laser Treatment on the lips can be caused by various factors, including sun exposure, hormonal changes, smoking, and certain medical conditions. The treatment for pigmentation on the lips aims to lighten and even out the colour, providing a more natural and uniform appearance. However, it is essential to note that the lips are a delicate area, and treatments should be approached with caution to avoid any adverse effects. Skinroots Clinic offers the best pigmentation treatment in Delhi.