Stretch marks, also known as striae in dermatology, are a type of skin scar that often resembles thin lines and ridges, occasionally even seeming nearly like indentations. Initially, they are frequently crimson or purple before fading over time to a silvery-white hue. The areas where they often develop include the breasts, upper arms, upper arms, buttocks, and thighs. Obesity and pregnancy are typically linked with stretch marks.
Stretch marks can vary in severity and size between people depending on genetic predisposition and skin-healing capacity. Both sexes are impacted, however, women are somewhat more affected than men. Stretch marks develop as a result of the collagen and elastin fibres in the skin's dermis permanently rupturing. Because of this, Stretch Mark Treatment is needed to make them disappear.
Process of the treatment:
Skin Root’s Stretch Mark Treatment procedure removes stretch marks from the breasts, hips, thighs, legs, lower back, and other body regions. Stretch marks are treated using different techniques:
1. Co2 fractional Lasers: There are several light and laser treatments that might encourage collagen formation or enhance suppleness. The fractional CO2 laser treatment is the forerunner in the treatment of stretch marks. It induces collagen formation and hides the stretch marks by reducing its visibility, 5-6 sessions are needed to get a good blend with normal skin.
2. MNRF (Micro-needling radiofrequency). MNRF for stretch marks is the latest advancement in the treatment of stretch marks it has worked wonders when it comes to lightening and eliminating stubborn stretch marks. The MNRF cartridges deliver radiofrequency energy inside the skin and induce new collagen formation. 6 -10 sessions are needed at monthly intervals to get good responses. The earlier the treatment one starts the better the response to the treatment one gets. And the best part of this treatment is there is no downtime or side effects
3. Micro-needling: A hand-held device with microscopic needles that promote collagen development is used in this type of treatment. This method is the chosen initial course of action for those with darker skin since it has a lower risk of pigmentation alterations than laser treatment. For best outcomes, the technique typically needs 5–10 sessions spaced monthly apart. To get greater outcomes, it can also be used in conjunction with additional therapies like Hair growth factor. The best thing about this treatment is that there is zero downtime or recovery time required. After the procedure, you can immediately return to your regular activities.
The Stretch Mark Treatment takes 45 to 90 minutes to complete. The targeted area is made numb with topical anaesthesia so the procedure is virtually painless. After the procedure is over, the space is cleaned by the supporting personnel, and antibiotic creams are applied. The patients can go for their daily routine almost immediately. Once the procedure is finished, follow-up is planned and post-care instructions are given.
The several advantages of the Stretch Mark Treatment include:
• Suitable for all skin types and hues
• Increases and changes the synthesis of skin collagen and elastin
• Reduces stretch marks, both old and new
• Totally painless treatment
• Little to no downtime
• Also appropriate for those with sensitive skin; possible for those who are prone to developing blemishes, markings, scars, or pigmentation quickly